What a beautiful sunny Mothers Day we have in Vancouver. I can't believe its only May :) It was a great day to start at the beach searching for seashells and blowing bubbles with my little sister. Man we have fun together!
I had my second run in over a year which went really well and followed up with some summer salad creations. I have been spending way too much time on Pinterest lately looking for some new recipes to try out. I found a lot of egg based potato salad but since I can't eat egg or potato I decided to make my own creamy yam salad.
Creamy Yam Salad
- 1 large yam cut into small cubes
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 3 celery stalks
- 2-3 green onions
- 3 tbs mayo
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 21 spice
- drizzle cubed yams with coconut oil and place in oven. 380 degrees for 30-40 minutes (depends on your oven power)
- mix mayo and dijon mustard together. Note - I mix it freely so the measurements above are estimates
- chop the onions and celery
- When yams are done cooking let them cool, mix the yams, onions, celery, 21 spice and mustard-mayo dressing together.
- Let cool in fridge for an hour before eating.
- yams are a good source of fibre, contains antioxidants, Potassium, Vit C, Iron and Vit B6
- Celery helps reduce inflammation, low in calories (not that we count them :) ) aids in digestion with the water content and helps maintain an alkaline balance.
- Green onions contain antioxidants, vit C and Vit A, and contain phytochemicals that aid your immune system.
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there even the ones with furry babies. :)