Summer is here and life is getting busier. My Sundays are normally spent prepping food for the week but with the sunny warm weather here, it means I want to be outside playing with everyone else. So to limit my cooking time I have created a three ingredient carrot ginger soup that is simple but tastes yummy! Ingredients:
- chicken broth
- 5 carrots
- 1 large chunk of ginger
- I buy a cooked organic free ranged chicken and when the chicken is gone, I boil the bones with filtered water. Drain the bones and you have broth. The best broth you can use!
- Cut up the 5 carrots into chunks and place into broth
- Remove the skin from the ginger, cut into chunks and place in the pot. I used 2-3 1" cube chunks. I love me some ginger :)
- Cook for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Blend and pour into mason jars for the week. Freeze if needed.
Carrots - antioxidant helps with cancer by reducing the free radicals, helps with vision, rich in fiber, contains folic acid and B vitamins Ginger - helps reduce inflammation in the body, reduced joint pain and calms nausea, Bone broth - helps with joint point, decreases inflammation, heals the gut lining, builds stronger bones
Happy cooking :)