Essential oils can be used hundreds of different ways which can be a little overwhelming to new users. So I have made a list of 50 ways to use the top 3 essential oils: lavender, lemon and peppermint.
• Analgesic • anticoagulant • anticonvulsant • antidepressant • antifungal • anti-histamine • anti-infectious • anti-inflammatory • antimicrobial • antimutagenic • antiseptic • antispasmadic • antitoxic • antitumor • cardiotonic • regenerative • sedative.
- Diffuse for a calming and relaxing affect.
- Apply with carrier oil on soles of feet before bed for a restless sleep.
- Apply with carrier oil on affected areas to help heal psoriasis.
- To ease headaches and tension, apply with carrier oil on temples or on location of tension.
- Apply with carrier oil on bug bites to reduce the swelling and itching.
- Ease sunburns by applying with coconut oil on burnt areas. Note - do not apply before. heading out in the sun as Lavender will make your skin photosensitive.
- Add to homemade lemonade for a refreshing twist.
- Freshen the air by adding 25-30 drops of oil to a spray bottle filled with water.
- Add a few drops to your homemade dryer balls for a fresh laundry smell.
- Ease hiccups but inhaling the oil from the bottle or placing a dab under your nose.
- Apply to cuts, scrapes and minor burns to help heal quickly and disinfect.
- Soothe your chapped lips by apply oil directly to lips or add to your own DIY lip balm.
- Ease seasonal allergies by diffusing Lavender or applying a few drops to your hand and inhale.
- Remove splinters by applying a few drops to the area and wait for the splinter to swell up and slide out.
- Place a few drops on your underarm for those days you forgot your deodarant or need a refresh through the day.
- Add to baking soda and shake over carpet and furniture. Vacuum up and enjoy the fresh scent.
- Add 1-2 drops to your child's pillow for a quick calming and sleepy effect.
- Relax you and your muscles by applying a few drops to your bath water.
- Apply to scalp to help with dandruff.
- Add a few drops to your mascara to eliminate clumping and help stimulate the growth of your eyelashes.
• anticancer • antidepressant • antiseptic • antifungal • antioxidant • antiviral • astringent • invigorating • refreshing • tonic
- Add with vinegar to make your own DIY home cleaners.
- Remove gum, glue or adhesive by applying a few drops the area.
- Mix lemon oil and olive oil and rub with a cloth on your furniture to bring it back to life.
- Get rid of permanent marker buy rubbing area with lemon
- Add a few drops to your warm water in the morning to kickstart your digestive tract.
- Soothe a sore throat by adding to honey and hot water.
- Add to your dishwasher to get extra sparkling clean dishes.
- Soak your fresh fruit and vegetables in a bowl of water with lemon to remove chemicals including pesticides.
- Add lemon to your dish soap to remove grease from your hands or dishes.
- Diffuse in your home to remove nasty odors.
- Rub a mixture of lemon and coconut oil to nails for conditioning and to help remove fungus.
- Heighten your mood by diffusing or applying a few drops to your hands, inhale, and then rub your hands over the back of your neck.
• analgesic • antibacterial • antcarcinogenic • anti-inflammatory • antiseptic • antispasmodic • antiviral • invigorating
- Calm an upset stomach by applying with carrier oil over stomach.
- Rinse your mouth with Peppermint (and lemon) and water for fresh breath.
- Apply to temples to release headache and tension.
- Soothe sore muscles by messaging with coconut oil and peppermint.
- Boost your energy by applying a few drops to your hand, inhale then rub hands on back of neck.
- Add to your baking for an infused taste.
- Mix into your DIY home cleaning supplies.
- Diffuse in your home or spray in areas where spiders are a nuisance.
- Apply to back of your neck to cool off after a workout.
- Open up your airways by diffusing or applying topically.
- Add to shampoo for a stimulating scalp massage.
- Curb hunger by diffusing or inhaling from the bottle.
- Increase alertness and concentration by spraying on child's clothing or diffusing.
- Add to a cold water compress to cool tired aching feet.
- Remove a tick by placing a few drops of peppermint and a cotton ball over it until it stops burrowing itself.
- Soothe a toothache by diluting with a carrier oil and placing on gums or on cheek.
- Bring down your fever by placing a few drops diluted with carrier oil on bottom of feet.
- Add to your DIY toothpaste for a fresh taste that also helps remove the bacteria.