On my journey to replace my natural store-bought supplies, I found a great recipe to be used as a multi-purpose cleaner. That's right, it cleans your bathtub and your kitchen counter. It is a one stop shop for everything you need and it's anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. And the best part is it doesn't have any chemicals in it. It is safe for the environment and for your family to breathe in. That means no more airing out the space or removing the kids when cleaning, they can help you.
Most cleaning supplies are filed with harsh chemicals like glycol ethers, dyes, fragrances, etc.. which can really affect your health and lead to asthma, hormonal disruptions, disease and cancer. Removing these toxins from your life will reduce the burden on your liver and allow it to focus on it's many other functions like producing bile to help breakdown fats, and cholesterol to help move fat through the body, glucose storage, production of hemoglobin for iron and plays a role in blood clotting, just to name a few.
- 16oz spray bottle (I buy mine from The Soap Dispensary)
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 2 tbs baking soda
- 2 tbs liquid castile soap
- 30 drops of doTERRA Melaluca essential oil (where to buy)
- 30 drops of doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil (where to buy)
- Add all ingredients in a spray bottle using a little funnel and rotate the bottle a few times to mix the ingredients.
- Spray on areas and wipe with rag.
Note: For bathrooms, I run the shower for 30 seconds to get the tub and walls wet first, then spray the cleaner and let sit for 10 minutes before scrubbing. Scrubbing effort all depends on how dirty your tub is.